How to Create Engaging Content
The digital landscape is booming and business owners are starting to realize the importance of having an active and optimized online presence, now more than ever! At Weed Man, franchisees have a dedicated digital team at corporate office, to help them with their online initiatives – everything from website management and customizations, social media, online directories, search engine optimization, email marketing, paid advertising and more. But not all entrepreneurs have the same support Weed Man business owners do! If you’re looking to expand your digital footprint and enhance your online presence, we list some of our go-to tips below.
What social media accounts should a business have?
The answer to this question really depends on what type of business you’re managing. For instance, if you’re more of a creative, you’ll definitely want to be active on social outlets such as Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest where you can showcase your creations in picture format. For companies that are more conservative, being active on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter would do well. With all of that being said, we truly believe in the saying “the more, the merrier” when it comes to your online presence. Regardless of whether your efforts are bringing in qualified leads or not, having a larger digital footprint is always recommended, so long as you remain engaged and consistent.
How do I create engaging content?
There’s so much to be said when it comes to creating and curating engaging online content. Whether you’re planning content for your website, blog or social media channels, below we list some of secrets to keep your followers coming back for more!
- Do your research. Conduct competitor analyses and note what’s working for other businesses like yours. Find out what your target audience likes, engages with, does in their spare time etc. and use that information to your advantage.
- Plan ahead. Once you’ve decided what you want to share online, consider sitting down and putting it in writing, in the form of an editorial calendar and/or social media schedule. Doing so will help keep you on track all year long!
- Share different mediums. Don’t just share static image social media posts. Switch it up and include video content, text posts, images and carousels, infographics, gifs etc.
- Optimize as much as possible (but not too much). Google loves quality content. What do we mean by quality? We mean grammatically correct, relevant, engaging information. Remember who you’re writing for, but also consider what you want to rank for. Be sure to include relevant key words, but don’t “keyword stuff” either.
- Engage with your followers. That’s what social media is all about, after all! Encourage users to leave a comment, ask a question, give you a like. Ask what they want from your content and respond to their inquiries. If people are engaging, that means your content is working. Don’t let it go to waste by ignoring their outreach. Responding with a simple “thanks for sharing!” can do wonders.
Stay tuned for next week’s article, How to Build an Image Database You’ll Actually Use
, for more helpful tips and tricks to keep your social media feeds fresh and engaging!
Whether you're an entrepreneur looking for an affordable investment, an existing business owner looking to diversify, or simply eager to become your own boss, Weed Man Lawn Care can help you achieve your career aspirations. Want to learn more? Request a consultation
, download our brochure
or send us a message on our live chat today!